5. Strong Gospel Bases (Acts 16:6-19:20)
1) It is the Spirit that sets the agenda for the work. (16:6-10)
2) A beachhead for the advance of the church is established. (16:11-15)
3) Through opposition, the advance continues. (16:16-40)
4) The message of Christ transforms the influential into fellow-laborers. (17:4; 12; Phil. 4)
5) Conversations with the public earn the curiosity of a larger hearing which leads into a conversation of how God and humanity are connected by the resurrected Christ and his demands and offer. (17:16-32)
6) Networking and expanding the ministry team in Corinth lead to more churches formed. (18:1-18)
7) Follow up of the churches was essential in further strengthening. (18:23)
8) Clearer training of emerging leaders and the humility to allow them to take leadership expanded the gospel in Ephesus. (18:24-19:6)
9) Ephesus becomes a base of operations and the church plants other communities in the surrounding geography (19:8-11).
10) When counterfeit charismaticism is exposed, the name of Christ is honored. (19:17-20)
Acts 19:20 So the word of the Lord grew mightily and prevailed.