6. The Gospel to Rome (Acts19:21-28:30)
1) Opposition is used for encouragement in the work of the church. (20:1-2)
2) Elders are installed to continue the planted church’s work. (20:17)
3) The message of the Gospel and it’s advancement through church planting was worth the trials of the workers. (20:17-27)
4) Alertness to the fact of wolves within the congregation and the feeding of truth from the word of grace would enable the overseers to participate in the Spirit’s work of building His church. (20:28-35)
5) The cause of the advancement of the Church of God was worth even death. (21:13)
6) The arrest and trial is an opportunity to share the message of the resurrected Christ with a captive audience and get the Gospel to the premiere city of the day, Rome. (25:12)
7) Paul is preserved by God to get to Rome and continue the work along the way and under house arrest of the expansion of the kingdom of God through the Gospel forming disciples, emerging shepherding leaders and missionaries, and churches. (28:30-31)
8) God’s purposes have His way and Jesus by the Spirit builds His church by His grace and will continue till he comes again.
Acts 28:31 preaching the kingdom of God and teaching the things which concern the Lord Jesus Christ with all confidence, no one forbidding him.