“The gospel of Mark is well known as the Gospel for youth; it is so brief, so vivid, so stirring, so strong; and communicates well to the active, restless, vigorous spirit of today’s modern world. The gospel of Mark represents our Lord as the mighty, wonder-working Son of God, and thus bears a special message to an age which needs a word of divine authority, and a new vision of the present, limitless, redeeming power of Christ.”
These are not my words… they are in fact taken from a commentary on the New Testament, purchased by my father in 1957 at a Sudan Interior Mission bookstore in Ethiopia. This is a great reminder that there is something simply amazing about truth. “It does not change!” Romans 1:16a, “For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to everyone that believes.” This is the message that will change lives forever!
This year TEEN VBS is being organized to cover the Life of Christ from the stirring Gospel of Mark.
Title and theme: One80 - the Ultimate Challenge
• 6-9pm Wednesday July 18th Who is Jesus Christ?
• 6-9pm Thursday July 19th His mission - the Cross
• 6-9pm Friday: July 20th His Resurrection and His Grace
• 10am – 4PM Saturday: July 21st His call to repentance and belief
Here are a few of the changes to this year’s program.
1. We are holding the event at the Union Fair Grounds.
2. We are adding Saturday to the schedule.
3. We have at least 5 area churches involved in the organization and operation.
4. We are holding the event under the name of ‘Maine Ministry Outreach Center,” a newly formed organization that is designed to assist the local churches in youth outreach.
Some of the highlights:
Focusing on 7th to 12 grade students.
Interactive teaching with powerful object lessons.
Challenging and fun games and great food.
Youth leaders are welcome and encouraged to bring kids from their part of the community. This will be an evangelistic event. It will be a prime opportunity for churches to step out the door with the transforming message of the hope of the crucified and resurrected Christ and into the paths of lives on their way to destruction. We have the Good News that the Spirit uses to rescue the perishing and care for the dying as we throw out the lifeline. What an opportunity!
Please consider marking these dates down—July 18-21, and then begin the search for youth to bring.
For the sake of the Gospel,
Pastor Mark Adolphsen & Pastor Jamie Bickel
Send questions or replies to: MaineMinistryOutreachCenter@gmail.com